SAFIC is actively involved in the dissemination of information through its various activities that include workshops, exhibitions, orientation and training programs, seminars, special lecture programs and cultural programs. Some of our past and ongoing activities are mentioned below:
- National Seminar on “Children’s Literature in Sanskrit” organised at Kanchipuram in collaboration with the Sanskrit & Indian Culture department of Sri Chandrashekharendra Saraswati Viswa Maha Vidyalaya (SCSVMV), April 4-6, 2018.
- Student’s Seminar on “Sanskrit and Sri Aurobindo” at the Sri Aurobindo Society, Puducherry. October 25 – 26, 2016.
- National Seminar on “Children’s Literature in Sanskrit” at the Sri Aurobindo Ashram, Delhi branch, New Delhi. September 9 – 11, 2016.
- National Seminar on “Sanskrit for Children” at the Sri Aurobindo Society, Puducherry. April 13-14, 2013.
- Regional Seminar on “Sanskrit for Children” at the Bharatiya Samskriti Sansad, Kolkata, November 9-10, 2013.
- National Seminar on “The Role of Sanskrit in the Resurgence of India with Special Emphasis on the Vision of Sri Aurobindo” at the Sri Aurobindo Society, Puducherry. March 18-19, 2000.
B) Special Lecture Programs
SAFIC has conducted ‘Special Lecture Program’ on topics related to Sanskrit and Indian Culture inviting speakers from different areas of expertise to come and share their knowledge. Some of our invited speakers for these programmes have included:
- Professor Bijoy Mishra (Physicist and Educator of Astrophysics and Space Physics, Harvard University, USA)
- Professor Ashok Aklujkar (Professor Emeritus at the British Columbia University, Canada)
- Martin Gluckman (from Auroville, who is the brain behind the online Sanskrit dictionary www.sanskritdictionary.com)
- Dr David Frawley a.k.a. Padma Bhushan Pandit Vamadeva Shastri (Founder Director, the American Institute of Vedic Studies)
- Yogini Shambhavi Chopra (Co-Director of the American Institute of Vedic Studies)
- Dr. Alok Pandey (from the Sri Aurobindo Ashram, Pondicherry)
C) Cultural Programs
- ‘Prema Nirjharani’ – musical evenings to commemorate the Supramental Manifestation Day (February 29) are organized by SAFIC in February/ March. Every year since 2014. A majority of the artistes belong to the Temple of Fine Arts, Coimbatore – a cultural and service-oriented, non-profit organization. We also have other artistes from Pondicherry or Auroville.
- ‘Swaranjali‘ – a special musical program was organized by SAFIC in April 2016 with an upcoming Classical Hindustani singer, Nitasha Sharma.
- ‘Vishwavidhata—Little Krishna’ – a production by a non-voluntary organization named Uchchal Probaho from West Bengal. Within the span of one hour, some of the famous childhood stories of Lord Krishna are expressed through yoga, gymnastics and dance by school students. The script, direction and narration were given by Asish Sarkar, who heads the NGO that conducted the programme.